Firefox 3 support in qooxdoo 0.7.3+?

Dalmazio Brisinda
Hello,

Just wondering if Firefox 3 is officially supported in qooxdoo 0.7.3 and above? When I try to run my app in Firefox 3, I get the following funky error:

ERROR: qx.io.remote.XmlHttpTransport[306] Could not execute json: [JSON-RPC request expected; unepxected data received]: syntaxError - missing ) in paranthetical

Firefox 2 works fine though.

Best,
Dalmazio

Re: Firefox 3 support in qooxdoo 0.7.3+?

Jim Hunter
I am using FF3 with no issues at all. I didn't have to make any modifications in order to use FF3, it just worked. I suggest that you take a look at your data, I bet there is an error in it, regardless whether it worked before or not.

Jim

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Dalmazio Brisinda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

Just wondering if Firefox 3 is officially supported in qooxdoo 0.7.3 and
above? When I try to run my app in Firefox 3, I get the following funky
error:

ERROR: qx.io.remote.XmlHttpTransport[306] Could not execute json: [JSON-RPC
request expected; unepxected data received]: syntaxError - missing ) in
paranthetical

Firefox 2 works fine though.

Best,
Dalmazio

Jim Hunter

DAILY THOUGHT: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD
FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Re: Firefox 3 support in qooxdoo 0.7.3+?

Petr Kobalíček
Or post here your json string received from server. I had small
problem with json in qooxdoo few weeks ago.

There is also tool jslint where you can check if json is correct or
not (I think that json generated from yout server tools should be
correct)

- Petr

2008/8/11 Jim Hunter <[hidden email]>:

> I am using FF3 with no issues at all. I didn't have to make any
> modifications in order to use FF3, it just worked. I suggest that you take a
> look at your data, I bet there is an error in it, regardless whether it
> worked before or not.
>
> Jim
>

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Dalmazio Brisinda <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just wondering if Firefox 3 is officially supported in qooxdoo 0.7.3 and
>> above? When I try to run my app in Firefox 3, I get the following funky
>> error:
>>
>> ERROR: qx.io.remote.XmlHttpTransport[306] Could not execute json:
>> [JSON-RPC
>> request expected; unepxected data received]: syntaxError - missing ) in
>> paranthetical
>>
>> Firefox 2 works fine though.
>>
>> Best,
>> Dalmazio
>>

>> --
>> challenge
>> prizes
>> world

> Jim Hunter
>
> DAILY THOUGHT: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD
> FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Re: Firefox 3 support in qooxdoo 0.7.3+? (RpcPhp)

Dalmazio Brisinda
Thanks guys.

I think I located the problem. We are using the RpcPhp qooxdoo-contrib JSON-RPC server, and one block of code in the index.php file on line 763 that tests for service accessibility is problematic. If I comment out this block of code, everything works alright. Here's the problematic block:

    /* Is the method accessible? */
    if ($refererDomain != $requestUriDomain)
    {
        /* Nope. */
        $error->SetError(JsonRpcError_PermissionDenied,
                         "Permission Denied [3]");
        $error->SendAndExit();
        /* never gets here */
    }

I tested the ouput on my server, and $refererDomain refers to http://<hostname> while $requestUriDomain is always http://127.0.0.1, and since these are actually the same but not *equal* I get an error and exit.

Maybe I could set some referrer field to match the hostname, but I'm not sure if this will always work. The properties being compared are $_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"] and $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] so I suppose I could always set one to the other, but I'm not sure how to set these from Javascript so the PHP RPC server will read my overriden values.

Best,
Dalmazio

Petr Kobalíček wrote

2008/8/11 Jim Hunter <jim@epiuniverse.com>:
> I am using FF3 with no issues at all. I didn't have to make any
> modifications in order to use FF3, it just worked. I suggest that you take a
> look at your data, I bet there is an error in it, regardless whether it
> worked before or not.
>
> Jim
>

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Dalmazio Brisinda <dbrisinda@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just wondering if Firefox 3 is officially supported in qooxdoo 0.7.3 and
>> above? When I try to run my app in Firefox 3, I get the following funky
>> error:
>>
>> ERROR: qx.io.remote.XmlHttpTransport[306] Could not execute json:
>> [JSON-RPC
>> request expected; unepxected data received]: syntaxError - missing ) in
>> paranthetical
>>
>> Firefox 2 works fine though.
>>
>> Best,
>> Dalmazio
>>

>> --
>> challenge
>> prizes
>> world

> Jim Hunter
>
> DAILY THOUGHT: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD
> FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS

Re: Firefox 3 support in qooxdoo 0.7.3+? (RpcPhp)

westor

Funny, a few minutes ago I was confronted with the same problem: if you have
SSL and you do not use default port and e.g. IIS as webserver, the domain
string is not build correct.
my fix is this:
/* Is the method accessible? */
// the following line is incorrect
// if ($refererDomain != $requestUriDomain)

// begin fix
    $my_refererDomain = split(':', $refererDomain);
    $my_requestUriDomain = split(':', $requestUriDomain);
    if ($my_refererDomain[1] != $my_requestUriDomain[1])
// end fix
    {

dbrisinda wrote:

> [...]
>>> world
>> challenge
>> prizes
>> world
> challenge
> prizes
> world

Re: Firefox 3 support in qooxdoo 0.7.3+? (RpcPhp)

> Funny, a few minutes ago I was confronted with the same problem: if you have
> SSL and you do not use default port and e.g. IIS as webserver, the domain
> string is not build correct.
> my fix is this:
> /* Is the method accessible? */
> // the following line is incorrect
> // if ($refererDomain != $requestUriDomain)
>
> // begin fix
>     $my_refererDomain = split(':', $refererDomain);
>     $my_requestUriDomain = split(':', $requestUriDomain);
>     if ($my_refererDomain[1] != $my_requestUriDomain[1])

It would be great if you could file a bug report for this.

Best Fabian

> dbrisinda wrote:
>
>> Thanks guys.
>>
>> I think I located the problem. We are using the RpcPhp qooxdoo-contrib
>> JSON-RPC server, and one block of code in the index.php file on line 763
>> that tests for service accessibility is problematic. If I comment out this
>> block of code, everything works alright. Here's the problematic block:
>>
>>     /* Is the method accessible? */
>>     if ($refererDomain != $requestUriDomain)
>>     {
>>         /* Nope. */
>>         $error->SetError(JsonRpcError_PermissionDenied,
>>                          "Permission Denied [3]");
>>         $error->SendAndExit();
>>         /* never gets here */
>>     }
>>
>> I tested the ouput on my server, and $refererDomain refers to
>> http://<hostname> while $requestUriDomain is always http://127.0.0.1, and
>> since these are actually the same but not *equal* I get an error and exit.
>>
>> Maybe I could set some referrer field to match the hostname, but I'm not
>> sure if this will always work. The properties being compared are
>> $_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"] and $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] so I suppose I could
>> always set one to the other, but I'm not sure how to set these from
>> Javascript so the PHP RPC server will read my overriden values.
>>
>> Best,
>> Dalmazio
>>

>> Petr Kobalíček wrote:
>>
>>> Or post here your json string received from server. I had small
>>> problem with json in qooxdoo few weeks ago.
>>>
>>> There is also tool jslint where you can check if json is correct or
>>> not (I think that json generated from yout server tools should be
>>> correct)
>>>
>>> - Petr

>>> challenge
>>> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
>>> prizes
>>> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
>>> world
>> challenge
>> prizes
>> world

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstraße 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss

Re: Firefox 3 support in qooxdoo 0.7.3+? (RpcPhp)

westor

done :-)