Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

jreinaleon
I need a little example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input. I'm writing a standalone application using qx.Destop and I don't know how use them :(

qx.Class.define("db.Application",
{
  extend : qx.application.Standalone,
  members :
  {
    main : function()
    {
      // Call super class
      this.base(arguments);

   // Code ??? I don't know

Re: Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

Maybe this will help:
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/#bom~Input.html

Click on the "JS Code" button to view the code.

Derrell

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 1:05 PM jreinaleon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I need a little example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input. I'm writing a
standalone application using qx.Destop and I don't know how use them :(

qx.Class.define("db.Application",
{
  extend : qx.application.Standalone,
  members :
  {
    main : function()
    {
      // Call super class
      this.base(arguments);

   *// Code ??? I don't know*

Re: Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

jreinaleon
I see that explample, but it's a Native application, no a standalone. I don't know how run it.

Sorry, but my english is very very bad.

Re: Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

Phyo Arkar
same

just do this.getRoot().add(your_input)

it is best you do the qooxdoo Twitter Client tutorial first.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 12:10 AM, jreinaleon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I see that explample, but it's a Native application, no a standalone. I don't
know how run it.

Sorry, but my english is very very bad.

Re: Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

jreinaleon
      var root = new qx.html.Root();
      var file = new qx.html.Input("file");
      root.useElement(file);

Nothing happens

      var file = new qx.html.Input("file");
      this.getRoot().add(file);

or

      var file = qx.bom.Input.create("file");
      this.getRoot().add(file);

or

      var win = new qx.ui.window.Window();
      win.open();
      var file = qx.bom.Input.create("file");
      this.getRoot().add(win);
      win.add(file);

I get this error: fL.getLayoutParent is not a function

I tried for hours but get no result.

I need a truth example for a standalone application, sorry, not for a native application

Re: Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

John Spackman-3
The reason that your does not work is because the qx.html and qx.bom packages are very low level abstraction, whereas the qx.ui is much higher; typically you should would want to work with the qx.ui.* classes and ignore qx.bom and qx.html.

For learning how to use Qooxdoo widget my personal favourite is http://demo.qooxdoo.org/devel/demobrowser/#

Qooxdoo does not come with a file upload widget, but there are a couple of contribs which add this functionality - I prefer UploadMgr (I wrote it) and it includes nice features like multiple uploads, with feedback etc

On 25/08/2015 16:53, "jreinaleon" <[hidden email]> wrote:

      var root = new qx.html.Root();
      var file = new qx.html.Input("file");
      root.useElement(file);

Nothing happens

/      var file = new qx.html.Input("file");
      this.getRoot().add(file);/

or

/      var file = qx.bom.Input.create("file");
      this.getRoot().add(file);/

or

/      var win = new qx.ui.window.Window();
      win.open();
      var file = qx.bom.Input.create("file");
      this.getRoot().add(win);
      win.add(file);/

I get this error: fL.getLayoutParent is not a function

I tried for hours but get no result.

I need a truth example for a standalone application, sorry, not for a native
application

Re: Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

jreinaleon
Thanks for the reply.  Now I know that it's no possible do it.

I'll try use uploadmgr. If I have some trouble I'll write you.

Re: Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

Tom Saddul
UploadMgr by John is an amazing tool.  Please check post about it a few months ago http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/UploadMgr-Progress-Status-Wow-tt7586852.html

I'm using UploadMgr. I have a button. Now I want load the file into a variable, I don't want to send the file to a server. How can I do it?

Re: Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

John Spackman-3
Do you mean that you want to read the contents of the file?  The only cross browser way is to allow the file to upload to the server and then download it from the server again in an AJAX call, but if you able to sacrifice compatibility with older browsers you need to take a look at the FileApi, e.g. see here: http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/dndfiles/

John

On 01/09/2015 08:30, "jreinaleon" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I'm using UploadMgr. I have a button. Now I want load the file into a
>variable, I don't want to send the file to a server. How can I do it?

Re: Example for qx.bom.input or qx.html.Input

Derrell Lipman
And if you're willing to handle only browsers that support FileReader, you may be interested in the class qx.bom.FileReader.

Derrell