Error in v0.8.1 - qx.theme not set

Amit Rana
Hi,

I finally managed to configure the config.json and run the "generate.py
source" successfully for v0.8.1. But, after I run my application in the
browser, I got the error:

[Exception... "'Error: The theme to use is not available:
qx.theme.Classic' when calling method:
[nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001c
(NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]

I checked the flow and it was : MyApplication.js extends
qx.application.standalone which extends qx.application.AbstratcGui.

So, when this.base(arguments); is called from MyApplication.js, it
eventually calls the constructor of qx.application.AbstratcGui, which
has a call to qx.theme.manager.Meta.getInstance().initialize(), which
throws this error.

Checking MyApplication.js, I found that earlier (v0.8), there was
qxsettings["qx.theme"]="qx.theme.Modern";
being set by the script which is missing now. (even when my config.json
has "QXTHEME" : "qx.theme.Modern")

When I manually placed this code in my JS file, it runs fine. So, why
does this setting get missed by the script?

Amit Rana
SpagoBI Consultant
www.eng.it            www.spagoworld.org

Re: Error in v0.8.1 - qx.theme not set

thron7
Do you have an "include" key in your config.json? Make sure your theme
gets listed there, and *before* your application is listed.

T.

Amit Rana wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally managed to configure the config.json and run the "generate.py
> source" successfully for v0.8.1. But, after I run my application in the
> browser, I got the error:
>
> [Exception... "'Error: The theme to use is not available:
> qx.theme.Classic' when calling method:
> [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001c
> (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]
>
> I checked the flow and it was : MyApplication.js extends
> qx.application.standalone which extends qx.application.AbstratcGui.
>
> So, when this.base(arguments); is called from MyApplication.js, it
> eventually calls the constructor of qx.application.AbstratcGui, which
> has a call to qx.theme.manager.Meta.getInstance().initialize(), which
> throws this error.
>
> Checking MyApplication.js, I found that earlier (v0.8), there was
> qxsettings["qx.theme"]="qx.theme.Modern";
> being set by the script which is missing now. (even when my config.json
> has "QXTHEME" : "qx.theme.Modern")
>
> When I manually placed this code in my JS file, it runs fine. So, why
> does this setting get missed by the script?
>
> Regards

Re: Error in v0.8.1 - qx.theme not set

Amit Rana
Hi,

I corrected my mistake by adding the theme in jobs/common/settings.

But, my JS file says qxsettings["qx.version"]="${QXVERSION}"; (shouldn't
it take the value from application.json or base.json as its not defined
in config.json)

Also, in my JS file,
qxlibraries["qx"]={"resourceUri":"./MyJSFolder/qooxdoo-0.8.1-sdk/framework/source/resource/","version":"trunk"};
qxlibraries["custom"]={"resourceUri":"./souce/resource","version":"trunk"};

Note that version comes as "trunk" and not v0.8.1. I know this doesn't
affect any part but looks incorrect though.

regards

Amit

Amit Rana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I corrected my mistake by adding the theme in jobs/common/settings.
>
> But, my JS file says qxsettings["qx.version"]="${QXVERSION}"; (shouldn't
> it take the value from application.json or base.json as its not defined
> in config.json)

that only works if the job you are running extends a job from
application.json. only then will application.json macros be passed to
the derived job.

> Also, in my JS file,
> qxlibraries["qx"]={"resourceUri":"./MyJSFolder/qooxdoo-0.8.1-sdk/framework/source/resource/","version":"trunk"};

that's suboptimal; you may open a bug for that.

> qxlibraries["custom"]={"resourceUri":"./souce/resource","version":"trunk"};

that's what you have in your Manifest.json.

t.