Error in qx.ui.table.pane.Scroller losecapture event handler

Error in qx.ui.table.pane.Scroller losecapture event handler

WillP-2

In 0.8 the Widget capture/losecapture events have replaced the changeCapture
event in 0.7. The event handler for "losecapture" (_onChangeCaptureHeader)
inside qx.ui.table.pane.Scroller still expects a qx.event.type.Data event
object and wrongly calls getData on the event object which is now only a
plain qx.event.type.Event.

Getting a runtime exception from this code is somewhat erratic and difficult
to reproduce reliably as the other condition in the if() statements seem to
be rarely true. However this is an error waiting to happen and I have seen
it - hence this message.

It think a code fix for this would be worth doing.

Will Pritchard.

Re: Error in qx.ui.table.pane.Scroller losecapture event handler

WillP schrieb:

> In 0.8 the Widget capture/losecapture events have replaced the changeCapture
> event in 0.7. The event handler for "losecapture" (_onChangeCaptureHeader)
> inside qx.ui.table.pane.Scroller still expects a qx.event.type.Data event
> object and wrongly calls getData on the event object which is now only a
> plain qx.event.type.Event.
>
> Getting a runtime exception from this code is somewhat erratic and difficult
> to reproduce reliably as the other condition in the if() statements seem to
> be rarely true. However this is an error waiting to happen and I have seen
> it - hence this message.
>
> It think a code fix for this would be worth doing.
>
> Will Pritchard.

Thanks Will,

this is indeed a bug. I've fixed it in trunk.

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstra├če 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss