Disabled TexField Widget can be Edited in Chrome

Disabled TexField Widget can be Edited in Chrome

bharath
Hi,

 I have a small snippet of code which disables the TextField widget. I am doing this by calling the setEnabled method. And the only reason to do this is not to allow users to enter/edit any values in the text field.

I remember this code working fine until a week ago, but now I just discovered that in Chrome a user can enter/edit text in a disabled TextField widget. But, when I load the same web application in IE and firefox the disabled TextField widgets do not allow any modifications.

Is this have to do something with Chrome or my understanding of disabling TextField with setEnabled method is wrong ??

Regards
Bharath.

Re: Disabled TexField Widget can be Edited in Chrome

Christian Hagendorn
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Disabled TexField Widget can be Edited in Chrome

bharath
Hi Christian,

 That is what I desire. But however in Qooxdoo 2.1.1 the behavior is different than expected.

Please see this link http://tinyurl.com/pm5x65l

I am able to still enter text in the disabled text field.

My Environment:
Os: Windows 7
Browser : Chrome 31.0.1650.63
Qooxdoo Version: 2.1.1