Dialog pull request

franck34
Hi

I'd like to purpose some changes in Dialog contrib. I'm on github, so i fork it, made some changes and then i've pull request

Is it the good way to contrib to a contrib ? :)

franck

Re: Dialog pull request

MartinWittemann
Hey,
I'd like to purpose some changes in Dialog contrib. I'm on github, so i fork it, made some changes and then i've pull request

Is it the good way to contrib to a contrib ? :)

The qooxdoo-contrib account on github was only a test balloon which has never been really in use. At the current time, you still have to use the SVN on sourceforge.net:

Regards,
Martin

Re: Dialog pull request

panyasan
Hi!

The Dialog contrib repository is here:

https://github.com/cboulanger/qx-contrib-Dialog

(here's the reference: http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project#dialog)

You can make your pull request there.

Re: Dialog pull request

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM, franck34 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I'd like to purpose some changes in Dialog contrib. I'm on github, so i fork it, made some changes and then i've pull request

Is it the good way to contrib to a contrib ? :)

That set of repositories is one that I set up as a potential replacement for SVN. The current plan calls for distributed contribs (wherever the maintainer wants to keep them) but a common catalog someplace (probably not here), so this repository contains only the contribs that I use in my projects. It's not the canonical resting place nor latest version of contribs.

Thanks for proposing changes! Please propose them to Christian's github repository that he posted in a different message in this thread.

Re: Dialog pull request

franck34
Done, thanks christian.

Btw i was surprised to read the only one ticket in your repo after i've made the pull request, lol

Franck

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM, panyasan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

The Dialog contrib repository is here:

https://github.com/cboulanger/qx-contrib-Dialog

(here's the reference: http://qooxdoo.org/contrib/project#dialog)

You can make your pull request there.

Re: Dialog pull request

franck34
Thanks derell.

Perhaps you can add a Readme.md file (if possible) just to say to not use https://github.com/qooxdoo-contrib ;)
Well, it's a detail ..

I just discover https://github.com/qooxdoo/contrib-platform too, no idea what it is, but it was interesting to read the code made by somebody in qooxdoo team.

Franck

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Derrell Lipman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM, franck34 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I'd like to purpose some changes in Dialog contrib. I'm on github, so i fork it, made some changes and then i've pull request

Is it the good way to contrib to a contrib ? :)

That set of repositories is one that I set up as a potential replacement for SVN. The current plan calls for distributed contribs (wherever the maintainer wants to keep them) but a common catalog someplace (probably not here), so this repository contains only the contribs that I use in my projects. It's not the canonical resting place nor latest version of contribs.

Thanks for proposing changes! Please propose them to Christian's github repository that he posted in a different message in this thread.

Re: Dialog pull request

Richard Sternagel
Hi Franck,

 > made by somebody in the qooxdoo team.

This seems to be me. :)

We abandoned the idea of having a dedicated qooxdoo application (which
essentially is just a more sophisticated HTML form) where people can
upload/edit their contrib metadata (e.g. the archive locations for its
versions) and a REST backend storing those data because of several reasons:

* the same information is almost already available in the Manifest.json
* with infrastructure like GitHub available, we weren't keeping it
simple, stupid (KISS).

Therefore we decided us for a repo-based catalog which consists of plain
text files, where contrib developers can edit their contrib metadata
themselves through pull requests.

Thomas already wrote a blog entry which goes into much more detail:
http://news.qooxdoo.org/qooxdoo-contrib-2-0-the-blueprint

Regards
Richard

Am 08.05.13 06:27, schrieb franck34:

> Thanks derell.
>
> Perhaps you can add a Readme.md file (if possible) just to say to not
> use https://github.com/qooxdoo-contrib ;)
> Well, it's a detail ..
>
> I just discover https://github.com/qooxdoo/contrib-platform too, no idea
> what it is, but it was interesting to read the code made by somebody in
> qooxdoo team.
>
> Franck

Re: Dialog pull request

franck34
Thanks for this note. Yep i already read thomas blog entry, but i didn't understand completely, probably because my vision is just related to the use of Desktop and because i'm github addict ;)