DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

N. Schröder
Hello,

The "DarkTheme" for modern qooxdoo versions is now available, please use
this link to download the source code of the theme:
http://scro34.de/darktheme/source/trunk/darktheme_trunk.zip

I'll also provide the source via qooxdoo-contrib and github, probably by
the end of next week. If you're interested in a DarkTheme live preview,
please follow this link: http://scro34.de/darktheme/

Cheers,

Norbert

Re: DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

Peter Caffin
Looks great. I can see me using this theme in future projects :)

No problems seen on Chrome and Safari on Mac.

On 13/09/2015 4:46 am, Norbert Schröder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The "DarkTheme" for modern qooxdoo versions is now available, please use
> this link to download the source code of the theme:
> http://scro34.de/darktheme/source/trunk/darktheme_trunk.zip
>
> I'll also provide the source via qooxdoo-contrib and github, probably by
> the end of next week. If you're interested in a DarkTheme live preview,
> please follow this link: http://scro34.de/darktheme/

Re: DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

N. Schröder
Thanks, Pete :-)

Am 12.09.2015 um 23:45 schrieb Peter Caffin:

> Looks great. I can see me using this theme in future projects :)
>
> No problems seen on Chrome and Safari on Mac.
>
> On 13/09/2015 4:46 am, Norbert Schröder wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The "DarkTheme" for modern qooxdoo versions is now available, please use
>> this link to download the source code of the theme:
>> http://scro34.de/darktheme/source/trunk/darktheme_trunk.zip
>>
>> I'll also provide the source via qooxdoo-contrib and github, probably by
>> the end of next week. If you're interested in a DarkTheme live preview,
>> please follow this link: http://scro34.de/darktheme/

Re: DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

George Nikolaidis
Hi Norbert, the theme is really beautiful and the demo is great too!
Kudos and thank you!

George

On 09/12/2015 11:46 PM, Norbert Schröder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The "DarkTheme" for modern qooxdoo versions is now available, please use
> this link to download the source code of the theme:
> http://scro34.de/darktheme/source/trunk/darktheme_trunk.zip
>
> I'll also provide the source via qooxdoo-contrib and github, probably by
> the end of next week. If you're interested in a DarkTheme live preview,
> please follow this link: http://scro34.de/darktheme/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Norbert

Re: DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

oetiker
Yesterday Norbert Schröder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The "DarkTheme" for modern qooxdoo versions is now available, please use
> this link to download the source code of the theme:
> http://scro34.de/darktheme/source/trunk/darktheme_trunk.zip
>
> I'll also provide the source via qooxdoo-contrib and github, probably by
> the end of next week. If you're interested in a DarkTheme live preview,
> please follow this link: http://scro34.de/darktheme/

great!

tobi

> Cheers,
>
> Norbert

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

voger
This is very beautiful.

On 12/09/2015 11:46 μμ, Norbert Schröder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The "DarkTheme" for modern qooxdoo versions is now available, please use
> this link to download the source code of the theme:
> http://scro34.de/darktheme/source/trunk/darktheme_trunk.zip
>
> I'll also provide the source via qooxdoo-contrib and github, probably by
> the end of next week. If you're interested in a DarkTheme live preview,
> please follow this link: http://scro34.de/darktheme/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Norbert

Re: DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

Tom Saddul
Very nice theme.  Thanks for sharing...

Re: DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

N. Schröder
Ah, this is plain qooxdoo. Every widget can fade in/out (see [1]), for example:
container.addListener("appear", function() {
  this.fadeIn(200);
}, container);

In my apps I'm using "fadeIn" only, "fadeOut" doesn't work properly (can't remember the exact circumstances when it fails).

Norbert

[1] http://demo.qooxdoo.org/devel/apiviewer/#qx.ui.core.Widget~fadeIn!method_public

Am 13.09.2015 um 21:44 schrieb Phyo Arkar:
[...]

Hi Norbert,

I'm just trying this theme out with my app, and I get this error:

 >>> Scanning libraries
Error: Invalid include block: [u'au_js.Application',
u'darktheme.theme.Theme']
<type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'> :
Expression gives no results. Malformed entry: darktheme.theme.Theme

Using:

   "let" :
   {
     "APPLICATION"  : "au_js",
     "QOOXDOO_PATH" : "/[...]/qooxdoo-5.0-sdk",
//    "QXTHEME"      : "au_js.theme.Theme",
//    "QXTHEME"      : "silverbluetheme.theme.Theme",
     "QXTHEME"      : "darktheme.theme.Theme",
     "API_EXCLUDE"  : ["qx.test.*", "${APPLICATION}.theme.*",
"${APPLICATION}.test.*", "${APPLICATION}.simulation.*"],
     "LOCALES"      : [ "en" ],
     "CACHE"        : "${TMPDIR}/qx${QOOXDOO_VERSION}/cache",
     "ROOT"         : "."
   },

[...]

   "jobs" :
   {
     "libraries" :
     {
       "library" :
       [
         {
           "manifest": "/[...]/Qx.Contribs/Dialog-0.5/Manifest.json",
           "manifest": "/[...]/Qx.Contribs/DarkTheme/Manifest.json",
           "manifest": "/[...]/Qx.Contribs/SilverBlueTheme/Manifest.json"
         }
       ]
     }

SilverBlueTheme runs OK if I uncomment that one (btw, looks like the
reason that calendar icon wasn't showing up was because the icons
directory is missing - I ended up copying it from the demo).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

On 13/09/2015 4:46 am, Norbert Schröder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The "DarkTheme" for modern qooxdoo versions is now available, please use
> this link to download the source code of the theme:
> http://scro34.de/darktheme/source/trunk/darktheme_trunk.zip

Re: DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

N. Schröder
If you uncomment the SilverBlueTheme manifest entry in your "library"
section, your app should be generated without errors. In your setup
below, apparently the SilverBlue manifest overrides the DarkTheme
manifest, in other words: you can only have one theme manifest at a time.

Norbert

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 4:24 AM Peter Caffin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Norbert,

I'm just trying this theme out with my app, and I get this error:

 >>> Scanning libraries
Error: Invalid include block: [u'au_js.Application',
u'darktheme.theme.Theme']
<type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'> :
Expression gives no results. Malformed entry: darktheme.theme.Theme

Note that the "library" member contains an array, and each array element is a map. Each key in a map must be unique, but you have three members with the key "manifest".

Here's how to include multiple themes in your application. Firstly, in "include" you list all of the themes you want available to your application:

    "includes" :
    {
      "include" :
      [
        "qx.theme.Modern",
        "aristo.Aristo",
        "bernstein.theme.Theme",
        "darktheme.theme.Theme",
        "silverbluetheme.theme.Theme",
        "bamboo.theme.Theme"
      ]
    },

Then, in the "library" section, there's a separate map for each array element:

    "libraries" :
    {
      "library" :
      [
        {
          "manifest" : "../Bernstein.git/Manifest.json"
          "manifest" : "../DarkTheme/Manifest.json"
          "manifest" : "../SilverBlueTheme/Manifest.json"
          "manifest" : "../Bamboo-pre/Manifest.json"
          "manifest" : "../Aristo.git/Manifest.json"
        }
      ]

Re: DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

NelsonAz
Thank you Norbert for all your hard work.

Nelson

Re: DarkTheme for qx 3.0+ released

slah
Thank you Norbert for sharing, very genereous.

Thank you Derrel for pointing our how to use multiple themes.