Custom decorator not working after migration from 2.1 to 3.0.1

Custom decorator not working after migration from 2.1 to 3.0.1

marv
Custom decorator not working after migration from 2.1 to 3.0.1 Hello,

After migrating from version 2.1 to 3.0.1 an extension of the decorator of the Modern theme isn't working like before.

You'll find an app that will illustrate the problem here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B81AfSYH9dWcZGI2Q0xWVENiVXM/edit?pli=1

When you generate it against version 2.1 you will get the expected behaviour: pushing the send button without filling the text field will show a yellow background.
When you generate the app against 3.0.1 this yellow background doesn't appear anymore.

In the change log I read about changes in de decorator but I couldn't figure out if/how these are related to my problem.

I hope someone can shed light on this, because debugging seems to mean descending in the dungeons of the DOM.

Thanks & Regards,
Martijn.

Re: Custom decorator not working after migration from 2.1 to 3.0.1

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Hey,
Thanks for the good sample. Could easily reproduce the issue.
I checked the behavior and the problem is the set gradient. The background of the textfield is set as gradient which then results in a background image css setting. But setting the backgroundImage property of qooxdoo does not remove the css property because its not the one creating it. So resetting the linear gradient is the way to go. Unfortunately, setting the gradient start color to null will be ignored during the merge which is a bug [1]. But you have an easy workaround. You can set startColor and endColor instead of the background color and everything would be back to normal.
Regards,
Martin

Am 03.02.2014 um 16:29 schrieb Martijn Verbrugh <[hidden email]>:

[...]

RE: [qooxdoo-devel] Custom decorator not working after migration from 2.1 to 3.0.1

Hello Martin,

Thank you very much for your research and helpful workaround. I'll try it.

Regards,
Martijn.