Quantcast

Custom ComboBox

FriedrichF

i try to create a Custom Combobox which works as a Suggestionlist. The behavior should be like the one from the google search.
This works quite well, until the point i want to add a next Suggestion. When i wrote a "," (Comma) i want to add the new Suggestion after the comma in the textarea.
Now the Selection of the List is broken. When i use the "Up" and "Down" Keys it doenst work as expected.
I did a little Playground Example where you can see this problem: http://preview.tinyurl.com/hjqgure

I hope someone can help me to get this problem solved.

Re: Custom ComboBox

FriedrichF
Why is my post not accepted by the mailing list? My previous ones were accepted.

Re: Custom ComboBox

Adrian Haarbach
Hi,

Since you are looking for a Google search like behaviour (ComboBox / SearchAsYouType),I would like to point you to the ComboTable contrib, which might be what you are searching for.

cheers,
Adrian

Why is my post not accepted by the mailing list? My previous ones were
accepted.

Re: Custom ComboBox

FriedrichF

i already took some code from this contrib but this contrib doesn't have all the features i want. For Example when you mark one suggestion with the arrow key it should autocomplete the textfield and the otherone is that it should do a new search after a ",".
So someone has any idea?

Re: Custom ComboBox

FriedrichF
Noone has a Tip for my Problem? I will attach my Problem to this replay because the first Post wasn't send by the mailinglist. It will be my last spam on this post ;-)

FriedrichF wrote
i try to create a Custom Combobox which works as a Suggestionlist. The behavior should be like the one from the google search.
This works quite well, until the point i want to add a next Suggestion. When i wrote a "," (Comma) i want to add the new Suggestion after the comma in the textarea.
Now the Selection of the List is broken. When i use the "Up" and "Down" Keys it doenst work as expected.
I did a little Playground Example where you can see this problem: http://preview.tinyurl.com/hjqgure

Re: Custom ComboBox

FriedrichF
Found a solution. I did an override on the Function _onTextFieldChangeValue:

_onTextFieldChangeValue : function(e)
          {
            var value = e.getData();

            // Fire event
            this.fireDataEvent("changeValue", value, e.getOldData());