Quantcast

Cursor-Events left/right in Textfield, added indirectly to a form.List

Cursor-Events left/right in Textfield, added indirectly to a form.List

Markus Donhauser

Hello,

is it possible to add other types of widgets aside from ListItem to a form.List?

I disabled the finding of items in the list and the items get added, but in case of a textfield/number/datefield/… input

the cursor keys have no effect, while in a textarea the cursor keys work. In a class which is based on the textfield,

I receive key events with identifiers Left/Right, the keys just do not move the cursor. If the textfield is added to a composite, everything is fine.

Can anybody tell me where form.List blocks the cursor key events?

With friendly regards

Markus Donhauser

Re: Cursor-Events left/right in Textfield, added indirectly to a form.List

John Spackman
Hi Markus

Do you mean that you’ve added things other than a ListItem to a list and they don’t work as expected, or that you have added ListItems which have child widgets that are TextField etc?

I looked at this once and AFAICR there is very little that List requires from ListItem – the check that a ListItem is added is almost arbitrary, and what requirements it does have could be easily abstracted such that List could contain any widget which implemented a tiny interface.

But it could be tricker to get widgets inside a list item to receive keyboard events – please can you put together a playground example?

From: Markus Donhauser <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, 3 March 2016 at 17:48
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [qooxdoo-devel] Cursor-Events left/right in Textfield, added indirectly to a form.List

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application Performance APM + Mobile APM + RUM: Monitor 3 App instances at just $35/Month Monitor end-to-end web transactions and take corrective actions now Troubleshoot faster and improve end-user experience. Signup Now! http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=272487151&iu=/4140_______________________________________________ qooxdoo-devel mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel

Re: Cursor-Events left/right in Textfield, added indirectly to a form.List

Markus Donhauser

Hi John,

after putting together an example on playground, I noticed that TextArea also does not work there which made me wonder why it works in my case. The reason is:

                               _onKeyPress: function (e) {

                                               e.stopPropagation();

                               },

After adding this to TextField, this works fine in my list now, too.

The ScrollArea in the form.List seems to catch the events for the cursor keys for moving the pane.

Thank you for your quick reponse.