Coming from Sencha (ExtJs)...

Reggaeny
Hi everyone,

I'am an absolute newcomer to qooxdoo. Supposedly I wouldn't be here if the
owner and maintainer of the Javascript-Framework I'am actually using -
Sencha and ExtJs - had another licensing policy. But as the Sencha guys are
screwing off their single developer community by not selling single
developer licences any more (you have to buy a 5 developer license which is
more than 3.000 $ a year), I was forced to find an alternative and came up
against qooxdoo which was absolutely unknown to me. I was extremely
positively impressed....!

There are but two major aspects that I'm missing (and would have to develop
individually if I used qooxdoo)

1. Grids (you call them tables) with the functionality of ExtJs-Grids (e. g.
rowediting).
2. WebSockets

So it would help me a lot if I did know if there are plans or roadmaps
existing, giving me an idea in which direction qooxdoo is evolving
concerning those two aspects.

Re: Coming from Sencha (ExtJs)...

Phyo Arkar
>1. Grids (you call them tables)

Nice to see Sencha people coming to qooxdoo.

Qooxdoo have them , and row editing can be added easily.

But websocket is missing.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Reggaeny
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'am an absolute newcomer to qooxdoo. Supposedly I wouldn't be here if the
> owner and maintainer of the Javascript-Framework I'am actually using -
> Sencha and ExtJs - had another licensing policy. But as the Sencha guys are
> screwing off their single developer community by not selling single
> developer licences any more (you have to buy a 5 developer license which is
> more than 3.000 $ a year), I was forced to find an alternative and came up
> against qooxdoo which was absolutely unknown to me. I was extremely
> positively impressed....!
>
> There are but two major aspects that I'm missing (and would have to develop
> individually if I used qooxdoo)
>
> 1. Grids (you call them tables) with the functionality of ExtJs-Grids (e. g.
> rowediting).
> 2. WebSockets
>
> So it would help me a lot if I did know if there are plans or roadmaps
> existing, giving me an idea in which direction qooxdoo is evolving
> concerning those two aspects.

Re: Coming from Sencha (ExtJs)...

woprandi

Table exists, with filtering and editing possibility often enough for the majority of use. But with some limitations and issues which need to be fixed but qooxdoo team are quiet about that. Table is quite disappointing compared to other widgets.
For websocket, what is your need ?