Quantcast

ComboBox(0.7.3) and Firefox3

Bart van der Werf
The dropdown list of the ComboBox doesn't work in firefox3.
It does work in ie7 and others.

Is this a known bug, and if so, how do i work around it ?

greets, Bart

Re: ComboBox(0.7.3) and Firefox3

Andreas Ecker
Hi Bart!

> The dropdown list of the ComboBox doesn't work in firefox3.
> It does work in ie7 and others.
>
> Is this a known bug, and if so, how do i work around it ?

Hmm, seems to work fine for me:
http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/html/example/ComboBox_1.html

What's the exact issue you noticed? If the problem still exists, would
you please file a bug report (with description and maybe code sample)?
http://bugzilla.qooxdoo.org/

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: ComboBox(0.7.3) and Firefox3

Hi Bart,
> The dropdown list of the ComboBox doesn't work in firefox3.
> It does work in ie7 and others.
>
> Is this a known bug, and if so, how do i work around it ?
We have fixed some FF3 issues in the legacy_0_7_x branch. Could you
update your qooxdoo and check, whether the problem still exists?

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstra├če 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Markus Huhn, Oliver Mauss, Achim Weiss

Re: ComboBox(0.7.3) and Firefox3

Bart van der Werf

> > The dropdown list of the ComboBox doesn't work in firefox3.
> > It does work in ie7 and others.
> >
> > Is this a known bug, and if so, how do i work around it ?
> We have fixed some FF3 issues in the legacy_0_7_x branch. Could you
update your qooxdoo and check,
> whether the problem still exists?

Hmz, the part about it working in anything but ff3 is wrong, it also
doesn't work in Opera9.
So that suggests that i'm doing somethign wrong and ie7 just does
somethign that makes it work again.

The demo does work for me, so i'm a bit lost now.

I'm not sure how to make a small example because we generate the qooxdoo
from other code at runtime.

Could it be an issue with zlayers ? The combobox is inside a qx.window
thing.

Re: ComboBox(0.7.3) and Firefox3

Bart van der Werf
> > > The dropdown list of the ComboBox doesn't work in firefox3.
> > > It does work in ie7 and others.
> > >
> > > Is this a known bug, and if so, how do i work around it ?
> > We have fixed some FF3 issues in the legacy_0_7_x branch. Could you
> update your qooxdoo and check,
> > whether the problem still exists?
> Hmz, the part about it working in anything but ff3 is wrong, it also
doesn't work in Opera9.
> So that suggests that i'm doing somethign wrong and ie7 just does
somethign that makes it work again.
> The demo does work for me, so i'm a bit lost now.
> I'm not sure how to make a small example because we generate the
qooxdoo from other code at runtime.
> Could it be an issue with zlayers ? The combobox is inside a qx.window
thing.

Well i upgraded to 0.7.4-pre. It does not solve this issue.

I do get a new error when disposing everything on the page.

WARN: Could not dispose: [object qx.ui.layout.HorizontalBoxLayout]:
TypeError: this.getPaneScroller(0).getTablePane() is null

Re: ComboBox(0.7.3) and Firefox3

Bart van der Werf

> > > We have fixed some FF3 issues in the legacy_0_7_x branch. Could
you

> > > update your qooxdoo and check,
> > > whether the problem still exists?
> > The part about it working in anything but ff3 is wrong, it also
> > doesn't work in Opera9.
> > So that suggests that i'm doing somethign wrong and ie7 just does
> > somethign that makes it work again.
> > The demo does work for me, so i'm a bit lost now.
> > I'm not sure how to make a small example because we generate the
> > qooxdoo from other code at runtime.
> > Could it be an issue with zlayers ? The combobox is inside a
qx.window
> > thing.
> Well i upgraded to 0.7.4-pre. It does not solve this issue.
> I do get a new error when disposing everything on the page.
> WARN: Could not dispose: [object qx.ui.layout.HorizontalBoxLayout]:
> TypeError: this.getPaneScroller(0).getTablePane() is null

I found that the list of the combo box is visible below the window if i
make the window with a low height.

I have tried to make an example showing the problem:

The issue disappears when i do not create the window maximized.

var d = qx.ui.core.ClientDocument.getInstance();

var w1 = new qx.ui.window.Window("Window");
w1.setSpace(20, 400, 20, 250);
w1.setBackgroundColor("#000000");
w1.setMode("maximized");

d.add(w1);
w1.open();

var c1 = new qx.ui.form.ComboBox;
c1.set({ top: 20, left:20});

var item;
for (var i=1; i<=30;i++)
{
        item = new qx.ui.form.ListItem("Item No "+ i);
        c1.add(item);
}

w1.add(c1);

Bart van der Werf schrieb:

> you

>>> The part about it working in anything but ff3 is wrong, it also
>>> doesn't work in Opera9.
>>> So that suggests that i'm doing somethign wrong and ie7 just does
>>> somethign that makes it work again.
>>> The demo does work for me, so i'm a bit lost now.
>>> I'm not sure how to make a small example because we generate the
>>> qooxdoo from other code at runtime.
>>> Could it be an issue with zlayers ? The combobox is inside a
>>>
> qx.window
>
>>> thing.
>>>
>> Well i upgraded to 0.7.4-pre. It does not solve this issue.
>> I do get a new error when disposing everything on the page.
>> WARN: Could not dispose: [object qx.ui.layout.HorizontalBoxLayout]:
>> TypeError: this.getPaneScroller(0).getTablePane() is null
>>

> I found that the list of the combo box is visible below the window if i
> make the window with a low height.
>
> I have tried to make an example showing the problem:
>
> The issue disappears when i do not create the window maximized.
>

> var d = qx.ui.core.ClientDocument.getInstance();
>

> var w1 = new qx.ui.window.Window("Window");
> w1.setSpace(20, 400, 20, 250);
> w1.setBackgroundColor("#000000");
> w1.setMode("maximized");
>
> d.add(w1);
> w1.open();
>
> var c1 = new qx.ui.form.ComboBox;
> c1.set({ top: 20, left:20});
>
> var item;
> for (var i=1; i<=30;i++)
> {
> item = new qx.ui.form.ListItem("Item No "+ i);
> c1.add(item);
> }
>
> w1.add(c1);

Hi Bart,

can you file a bug for this issue? Just attach the code and maybe a
screenshot with the issue.

Thanks,
Fabian