Quantcast

Browser windows in an application

Markus Donhauser

Hello,

is it possible to open another browser window with new qx.bom.window() in a desktop application and render widgets there using the theme and environment of the application itself?

I was able to use the window in another qx.application.Standalone, but  a button I render there does not use the theme of the application I created it with.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus Donhauser

Re: Browser windows in an application

John Spackman-3
Hi Markus

That’s only possible if you open the window with the URL of the second application and have that application compiled with the theme you want to use – you can’t send the widgets to the other window because browser security only allows postMessage between windows, and that’s restricted to native values (ie anything that can be encoded in JSON).  So effectively, it’s just two independent applications which happen to use the same theme.

From: Markus Donhauser <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, 3 December 2015 at 14:57
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [qooxdoo-devel] Browser windows in an application

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Go from Idea to Many App Stores Faster with Intel(R) XDK Give your users amazing mobile app experiences with Intel(R) XDK. Use one codebase in this all-in-one HTML5 development environment. Design, debug & build mobile apps & 2D/3D high-impact games for multiple OSs. http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=254741911&iu=/4140_______________________________________________ qooxdoo-devel mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel