Back after 2 years, a serialization migration from 1.3.1 question

Back after 2 years, a serialization migration from 1.3.1 question

Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD
Hi Qooxdoo list !

I’m really please to be back after 2 years out.
I left qooxdoo in 1.3.1 and the migration to 3.5 is a big step.

I’m able to run my project in 1.3.1 with only few correction due to new browser I think.
I had to remove some decoration for example.

Now, I’m trying to migrate to 3.5, I followed the migration tool log.

I’m currently experiencing issue on serialization (well … that’s I think, but not 100% sure).
On the backend side, I migrated to the latest version of json.org Java classes.
This migration has removed the “qooxdoo hack” on date. Is it correct to remove it or is it still alive ?

On client side, I also migrate, following indication from migration tool, the package change for json : from qx.util.Json to qx.lang.Json.

Anything else I need to know ? If there is any doc I miss, please point me to that doc.

Now, the error I have is on the Java backend, so it probably have nothing to do with Qooxdoo, but that was a way to subscribe the list and be with you again :-)

Regards,
JBB.

____________________________________
Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD

N'imprimez ce courriel que si vous en avez vraiment besoin

Re: Back after 2 years, a serialization migration from 1.3.1 question

MartinWittemann
Administrator
Hey,
I’m really please to be back after 2 years out.
welcome back. :) We’re happy to have you back!

I left qooxdoo in 1.3.1 and the migration to 3.5 is a big step.

I’m able to run my project in 1.3.1 with only few correction due to new browser I think.
I had to remove some decoration for example.

Now, I’m trying to migrate to 3.5, I followed the migration tool log.

I’m currently experiencing issue on serialization (well … that’s I think, but not 100% sure).
On the backend side, I migrated to the latest version of json.org Java classes.
This migration has removed the “qooxdoo hack” on date. Is it correct to remove it or is it still alive ?
It depends on the IO mechanism you use. As far as I know, the RPC layer still has that date hack so you need to get that one back for RPC calls. For the other stuff, I think we don’t have anything left of it.

On client side, I also migrate, following indication from migration tool, the package change for json : from qx.util.Json to qx.lang.Json.

Anything else I need to know ? If there is any doc I miss, please point me to that doc.
With the 3.0 release, we took a huge step in reducing the amount of DOM elements. With that, there have been some API changes and there is a good doc about the changes in the manual [1].

Now, the error I have is on the Java backend, so it probably have nothing to do with Qooxdoo, but that was a way to subscribe the list and be with you again :-)

Regards,
Martin