Autowrapping rich Label without setting an explicit width

Autowrapping rich Label without setting an explicit width

Eric-Christian Koch
Hi

I have a little problem with the autowrap feature from Label.
Maybe one of you can give me a hint.

Is there a way to get a rich Label to autowrap it's content without setting an explicit width?
If i don't set the width, the Label just gets as big as it's content is without wrapping.
Actually, it's parent and parent of parent are getting bigger as well. Maybe that is a point to hook in?

http://tinyurl.com/n7ntne3

Is there a better way (widget) to get autowrap without explicit width?

Best regards
Eric

--
Eric-Christian Koch

sum.cumo AG
Bahnhofstrasse 27
CH-6301 Zug

Telefon +41 44 48545-13
E-Mail  [hidden email]

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Autowrapping rich Label without setting an explicit width

oetiker
Eric,

Today Eric-Christian Koch wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a little problem with the autowrap feature from Label.
> Maybe one of you can give me a hint.
>
> Is there a way to get a rich Label to autowrap it's content without setting an
> explicit width?
> If i don't set the width, the Label just gets as big as it's content is
> without wrapping.
> Actually, it's parent and parent of parent are getting bigger as well. Maybe
> that is a point to hook in?
>
> *http://tinyurl.com/n7ntne3*
>
> Is there a better way (widget) to get autowrap without explicit width?

You may want to try this patch

https://github.com/oetiker/qooxdoo/commit/f176ce65fd6814a42cac41e7354527ce2e8462b4

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

Re: Autowrapping rich Label without setting an explicit width

Eric-Christian Koch
Hi Tobi

Thx for the hint!

Sadly, the patch doesn't seem to change anything as far as i can see it
in my UI.
I have set a fixed width now. (but i am not happy with it)

Cheers
Eric

--
Eric-Christian Koch

sum.cumo AG
Bahnhofstrasse 27
CH-6301 Zug

Telefon +41 44 48545-13
E-Mail  [hidden email]

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Autowrapping rich Label without setting an explicit width

Alex Gölkel
Hi,

you don’t need to set a fixed width. But there were two "bugs" in your code:
1. Your container has no size, so it grows out of the screen.
2. The label was not flexible in width.

I’ve made some changes to your example, see here:
http://tinyurl.com/ps3cpsd

Hopefully that helps.

Regards,
Alex