AutoScroll Issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

AutoScroll Issue

csfahey
This is an unanswered question that has been posted before but not as abbreviated.  

Using only IE10+, can anyone select row 100 from the table in the following example?

http://tinyurl.com/olac3sz

Can anyone suggest a way to select row 100?

This is a browser/IE issue when handling a DIV element that extends outside of the clipped area when scroll is enabled.  I haven't been able to find a general answer outside of Qooxdoo either.  Maybe I am not phrasing it correctly.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AutoScroll Issue

Jeroen Smit-2
I tried to help, but IE11 and tiny url do not work together.
I keep getting the error message that the Url is too long

Best regards,
 Jeroen

-----Original Message-----
From: csfahey [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: dinsdag 10 december 2013 23:03
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [qooxdoo-devel] AutoScroll Issue

This is an unanswered question that has been posted before but not as
abbreviated.  

Using only IE10+, can anyone select row 100 from the table in the following example?

http://tinyurl.com/olac3sz

Can anyone suggest a way to select row 100?

This is a browser/IE issue when handling a DIV element that extends outside of the clipped area when scroll is enabled.  I haven't been able to find a general answer outside of Qooxdoo either.  Maybe I am not phrasing it correctly.



--
View this message in context: http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/AutoScroll-Issue-tp7585052.html
Sent from the qooxdoo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AutoScroll Issue

csfahey
For those with challenged links, here is the code.  Surprisingly, if I change the playground version from current to 2.0, it can be done.  Something changed.  Again, under version 3.0, try to select row 100.

***************************************************************

// Create the initial data
var rowData = [];
for (var row = 0; row < 100; row++)
  rowData.push([ row+1, (Math.random() > 0.5) ]);

// table model
var tableModel = this._tableModel = new qx.ui.table.model.Simple();
tableModel.setColumns([ "ID", "Boolean" ]);
tableModel.setData(rowData);
tableModel.setColumnEditable(1, true);

// table
var table = new qx.ui.table.Table(tableModel);
table.set({ width: 600, height: 1400, decorator : null });
var tcm = table.getTableColumnModel();
tcm.setDataCellRenderer(1, new qx.ui.table.cellrenderer.Boolean());

// tabview
var tabView = new qx.ui.tabview.TabView();
tabView.setWidth(500);

// page
var page1 = new qx.ui.tabview.Page("Layout");
page1.setLayout(new qx.ui.layout.VBox());
page1.add(new qx.ui.basic.Label("Page1"));
tabView.add(page1);

// go
page1.add(table);
var doc = this.getRoot();
doc.add(tabView, {left: 1, top: 1 });
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AutoScroll Issue

csfahey
A different example of the same behavior.  Run this link under IE10+.  Under version 3.0, the behavior is as described but under 2.0, the automatic scroll into view doesn't happen which is what I want.

http://tinyurl.com/mt2ave8

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AutoScroll Issue

csfahey
Ahah!  A partial solution.  It may cripple other behavior but the key to preventing the scroll from happening is to set "focusable" to false.  I guess it is an acceptable tradeoff.  

If anyone has any other suggestions that would keep some of the behavior lost by setting focusable to false, please let me know.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: AutoScroll Issue

thron7
In any case, please open a bug report for this if you haven't done so
already. Try to focus on one issue (open more than one bug if you have
multiple), and add your Playground links to reproduce it.

Thanks,
T.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM, csfahey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ahah!  A partial solution.  It may cripple other behavior but the key to
> preventing the scroll from happening is to set "focusable" to false.  I
> guess it is an acceptable tradeoff.
>
> If anyone has any other suggestions that would keep some of the behavior
> lost by setting focusable to false, please let me know.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://qooxdoo.678.n2.nabble.com/AutoScroll-Issue-tp7585052p7585065.html
> Sent from the qooxdoo mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
> organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
> affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
> Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
> _______________________________________________
> qooxdoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
qooxdoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qooxdoo-devel