Quantcast

Another Success story!

kanugula

Friends,

At last we launched a Qooxdoo site in our firm. There is a overwhelming
response on this. For last 5 years, the users were working on a crappy web
site. I developed the entire project from scratch. It is a one-man gun.
Limited budget.

qooxdoo 0.7.3
IE6
Apache HTTP Server --> hosting Qooxdoo framework
Tomcat Server --> hosting Qooxdoo java Rpc backend to talk to database

I am basically Java developer. It took time to pickup javascript. I designed
my project based on Demo Browser. I failed firstime with 0.6.3. Thanks to OO
style of Qooxdoo on 0.7.x. It took 6 months to develop this project.

The main widgets are Remote Table, Tree and Window. Most of our Tables poll
backend Sybase and Oracle using java backend.  When Table row is dobled
clicked, it opens a properties dialog where the data can be midified and
submitted. We use Hibernate to persist the data to database. Thanks for
qooxdoo backend java to convert JSON to Javabean!.

Our selling point is the Remote Table!. My users usually work on native
style of C++ based gui which polls millions of rows.  They scroll through
millions of rows in very short time to identify a problem. They don't like
Next, Prev buttons for paging. The Qooxdoo's Remote Table convinced them.
The users even don't know that the data is pulled in the background.
Hahahaha!

The Performance is awsome! A known problem of Memory leak when re-creating
Tables. But that's ok. They generally work on the same page for long time.

The users are asking "Search" functionality with a dropdown on each Table
Column to filter the data. I don't think I can put a drop down at the end of
each column.

Thank you for good work guys! So many people replied to my postings and
added contribution to my success.

Thank you.
Kanugula.

Re: Another Success story!

Andreas Ecker
Hi Kanugula,

thank you very much for sharing the information and enthusiasm about
your app with the qooxdoo community. :-)

It's great to get that kind of positive feedback, as it demonstrates
that qooxdoo is indeed a stable and mature framework for such kind of
advanced app. With the improvements of the upcoming qooxdoo 0.8,
particularly its GUI toolkit rewrite, the framework will even include
many cool widget and layout features that were not available in 0.7.

It would be great if you could add a section to the real-life examples
on the qooxdoo homepage: http://qooxdoo.org/community#real-life_examples

This is an excellent opportunity not only for you, but also for all
other qooxdoo users (are you reading?) to let people know about their
accomplishments. Such community-driven, "real" showcases of qooxdoo apps
are a great source of information for both existing and potential users.
If no demo link is available (typical for most intranet apps), a
screenshot is always welcome to get a better idea of the app.

Bye,

Andreas