Animation handle doesn't report the state

Animation handle doesn't report the state

voger
I made this playground example: http://tinyurl.com/ndb25pa

When we click the button an AnimationHandle is assigned to the variable
_animation. An event listener is attached to that variable to notify us
when the animation ends. This is the function in line 46.

In the line 27 if we hover the mouse over the button _AFTER_ the _bounce
animation has ended, the animation handle still reports the animation as
running

_animation.isEnded(): false
_animation.isPlaying(): true

even the "end" event is fired. Is this intentional and we should set
those states ourselves or is this a bug?

Re: Animation handle doesn't report the state

Dietrich Streifert-2
Hi Voger,

I'll consider this a bug.

 From my understanding an ended animation is not playing anymore.

The code in

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/framework/source/class/qx/bom/element/AnimationHandle.js#L127

shows that the stop method explicitly sets the protected __ended
attribute to true, but I'm not sure if this code gets called if
animation ends by the native animation end event:

https://github.com/qooxdoo/qooxdoo/blob/master/framework/source/class/qx/bom/element/AnimationCss.js#L202

In contrary to what is defined in AnimationHandle.stop, the ended state
is set there to true in a public animation.ended attribute. But this
attribute is not what AnimationHandle.isEnded returns.

Additionally the __playing or a similar attribute seems not to be
handled at all by the AnimationCss.__onAnimationEnd handler.

My impression is, that this is the result of merging the JS based and
css based animation code.

The only person I can imagine helping us understanding the code would be
Martin Wittemann, which I hope is doing well, but seems to be non
existent by meanings of qooxdoo for the last 3 months.

@Andreas, @Martin, @Mustafa: where are you? What is the core team doing?
Will they return to the project?

As Andreas is the qooxdoo team head it would be great to have some
informations, hints, about what your plans are.

Regards
Dietrich