All-in-one backend for qooxdoo apps?

panyasan
Hi, slightly off-topic, but I wanted to tap into the collective wisdom of qooxdooers...

Some years ago, I developed a qooxdoo-based application with a ideosyncratic PHP backed for my university (https://www6.rewi.hu-berlin.de/build/). It still works (surprisingly) well, but certainly needs a complete overhaul. Among other things, I need to move away from my custom-built PHP backend to something that is maintained sustainably by a group of developers. Having very little time for this, I absolutely want to avoid having to write boilerplate code to implement standard functionality such as

- User management (register, login, authentication, ACL, "forgot-my-password" mechanism, etc.)
- CRUD over REST operations such as implemented in the OData protocol (http://www.odata.org), modelling, persistence.

I want to concentrate only on the business logic of what the app actually does (managing bibliographic data), preferably on the client, and to delegate everything else to ready-made components.

First, I wanted to rewrite the backend using NodeJS components (and I still would prefer it if that was possible) [1], but even with the wealth and the quality of NodeJS modules, there aren't out-of-the box solutions that can be puzzled together to provide what I need, or at least they need more wiring than I can afford right now.

Does anybody use or know projects that care of the most standard backend functionality? I have done some searching, but so far, without success. Such a project would be a perfect match to qooxdoo and its backend-agnostic architecture.

C.

[1] This resulted in a yet-to-be-continued tutorial series: http://panyasan.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/developing

Re: All-in-one backend for qooxdoo apps?

Burak Arslan-2
On 11/26/12 14:51, panyasan wrote:
> Does anybody use or know projects that care of the most standard backend
> functionality?

Hi Christian,

Check out: http://spyne.io

Does it cover your needs? I've never tested it with qooxdoo (I'm using
QxSoap, my own RPC layer which does SOAP/WSDL) but I think it should
work after some tweaking around Date/Time/Duration serialization.

Best,
Burak